Status : Currently not taking applications
About this Project:
- GoUNESCO’s goal is to make heritage fun and to inspire an appreciation for heritage everywhere – tangible or intangible, cultural or natural. We also aim to be a one-stop shop for travel to UNESCO-designated heritage sites.
- You will be part of our country research team – building a repository of travel information for UNESCO World Heritage Sites for one or more countries across the world.
- This is a 3 month volunteer project – with flexible start dates.
- Expect to spend about 10 hours a week over the duration of the project.
- A Certificate of Participation will be given at the completion of the project.
- This role is location independent – you can participate from anywhere in the world. Your responsibilities as part of this role do not require travel.
Why You Should Join:
- As part of our country research team, you will be responsible for editing, reviewing, fact-checking and publishing travel research pertaining to heritage sites around the world. This research will be viewed by thousands of people interested in heritage and culture – and will reach not just enthusiasts but some of the world’s foremost bloggers, photographers and people in top heritage organizations.
- Further, the travel sites you will research are among the most remarkable places on earth and are of outstanding universal value.
- Finally, to recognise your efforts, your name will appear against the UNESCO World Heritage Site profiles you edited.
- Before signing up to volunteer, please read this article – link. Written by an experienced volunteer manager, the article gives an idea about the expectations from an effective volunteer.
Who Can Apply:
Anyone with strong English skills and an aptitude for content writing to apply. You can be based anywhere in the world. Please note this is an unpaid position.
How To Apply:
We are not taking applications for this role currently. If you would like to volunteer, please email with answers to the questions asked here – link.