Food on a platter – we all like it, don’t we? For a food connoisseur, Tong-in Market in Seoul, South Korea is a treat for your palette. It is famous for its dosirak (bento-like) packed lunches. If you order a box, you will be treated with a lunch containing a variety Korean treats.
You can even make your own lunch box! Below are a few facts about the Tong-in Market in Seoul:
- The market is famous for its dosirak (bento-like) packed lunches, wherein you get to choose a variety of food items for your meal.
- This is a unique concept, unlike the ready-made dosirak lunches usually bought in stores
- Tongin Market is not only a go-to place for fresh produce, but it is also popular for its street food
- It is also a popular meeting place among the elderly, where a big pagoda stands outside the main entrance with halmeoni or grandmother and harabeoji or grandfather gather to play chess, eat snacks, and catch up
- The market has a very local feel and it is situated quite far from popular tourist areas as well as the subway
Operating times: 8 AM – 6 PM
How to get there: via subway, Gyeongbokgung Station (Line 3, Exit 2). A few blocks after Geumcheongyo Market