Xinjiang Tianshan comprises four components—Tomur, Kalajun-Kuerdening, Bayinbukuke and Bogda— that total 606,833 hectares. They are part of the Tianshan mountain system of Central Asia, one of the largest mountain ranges in the world. Xinjiang Tianshan presents unique physical geographic features and scenically beautiful areas including spectacular snow and snowy mountains glacier-capped peaks, undisturbed forests and meadows, clear rivers and lakes and red bed canyons. These landscapes contrast with the vast adjacent desert landscapes, creating a striking visual contrast between hot and cold environments, dry and wet, desolate and luxuriant. The landforms and ecosystems of the site have been preserved since the Pliocene epoch and present an outstanding example of ongoing biological and ecological evolutionary processes. The site also extends into the Taklimakan Desert, one of the world’s largest and highest deserts, known for its large dune forms and great dust storms. Xinjiang Tianshan is moreover an important habitat for endemic and relic flora species, some rare and endangered.
- The Tian Shan holds important forests of Schrenk’s Spruce (Picea schrenkiana) at altitudes of over 2,000 metres.
- In Daoism, Xi Wangmu, the Queen Mother of the West, is believed to guard the peach trees of immortality in the Tian Shan.
- One of the first Europeans to visit and the first to describe the Tian Shan in detail was the Russian explorer Peter Semenov, who did so in the 1850s.
Year of Inscription: 2013
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Xinjiang Tianshan! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Xinjiang Tianshan.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/xinjiang-tianshan/https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/22075608/230712307_f8f7cc9518_o.jpghttps://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/22075608/230712307_f8f7cc9518_o-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for Xinjiang Tianshan
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Sorry, we don't have curated information here yet.
Have you been to Xinjiang Tianshan? Share your travel stories
Photos and Proofs from Xinjiang Tianshan
No photos here yet. Have you been to Xinjiang Tianshan?share your photos
Travelers Who Have Visited Xinjiang Tianshan
Have you been to Xinjiang Tianshan? Share travel photos
Recommendations for Xinjiang Tianshan
Sorry, we do not have any traveller recommendations here yet.
Have you been to Xinjiang Tianshan? Share Recommendations
Trivia from Xinjiang Tianshan
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Xinjiang Tianshan?
Events at or near Xinjiang Tianshan
Know any events coming up at Xinjiang Tianshan?List an event