The Villa d’Este in Tivoli, with its palace and garden, is one of the most remarkable and comprehensive illustrations of Renaissance culture at its most refined. Its innovative design along with the architectural components in the garden (fountains, ornamental basins, etc.) make this a unique example of an Italian 16th-century garden. The Villa d’Este, one of the first giardini delle meraviglie , was an early model for the development of European gardens.
Why should you visit?
- The Villa d’Este is one of the most outstanding examples of Renaissance culture at its apogee.
- The gardens of the Villa d’Este had a profound influence on the development of garden design throughout Europe.
- The principles of Renaissance design and aesthetics are illustrated in an exceptional manner by the gardens of the Villa d’Este.
- The gardens of the Villa d’Este are among the earliest and finest of the giardini delle meraviglie and symbolize the flowering of Renaissance culture.
Year of Inscription: 2001
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Villa d’Este, Tivoli! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Villa d’Este, Tivoli.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/villa-deste-tivoli/https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115229/2702561199_3fbf21bec1_b-1024x768.jpghttps://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115229/2702561199_3fbf21bec1_b-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for Villa d’Este, Tivoli
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Photos and Proofs from Villa d’Este, Tivoli View all
Travelers Who Have Visited Villa d’Este, Tivoli View all
Recommendations for Villa d’Este, Tivoli
Trivia from Villa d’Este, Tivoli
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Villa d’Este, Tivoli?
Events at or near Villa d’Este, Tivoli
Know any events coming up at Villa d’Este, Tivoli?List an event