The Villa Adriana (at Tivoli, near Rome) is an exceptional complex of classical buildings created in the 2nd century A.D. by the Roman emperor Hadrian. It combines the best elements of the architectural heritage of Egypt, Greece and Rome in the form of an ‘ideal city’.
Why should you visit?
- The Villa Adriana is a masterpiece that uniquely brings together the highest expressions of the material cultures of the ancient Mediterranean world.
- Study of the monuments that make up the Villa Adriana played a crucial role in the rediscovery of the elements of classical architecture by the architects of the Renaissance and the Baroque period. It also profoundly influenced many 19th and 20th century architects and designers.
Year of Inscription: 1999
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Villa Adriana (Tivoli)! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Villa Adriana (Tivoli).https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/villa-adriana-tivoli/https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115228/5793300080_1213aae73b_b-1024x683.jpghttps://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115228/5793300080_1213aae73b_b-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for Villa Adriana (Tivoli)
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Photos and Proofs from Villa Adriana (Tivoli) View all
Travelers Who Have Visited Villa Adriana (Tivoli) View all
Trivia from Villa Adriana (Tivoli)
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Villa Adriana (Tivoli)?
Events at or near Villa Adriana (Tivoli)
Know any events coming up at Villa Adriana (Tivoli)?List an event