Discovered in 1982 near the village of Sveshtari, this 3rd-century BC Thracian tomb reflects the fundamental structural principles of Thracian cult buildings. The tomb has a unique architectural decor, with polychrome half-human, half-plant caryatids and painted murals. The 10 female figures carved in high relief on the walls of the central chamber and the decoration of the lunette in its vault are the only examples of this type found so far in the Thracian lands. It is a remarkable reminder of the culture of the Getes, a Thracian people who were in contact with the Hellenistic and Hyperborean worlds, according to ancient geographers.
- The site covers the ancient political and religious center (Dausdava or Helis) of the Thracian tribe of Getae along the canyon of the Krapinets river.
- From a breathtaking aerial view more than 100 tombs localized in the periphery of the settlement resemble certain constellations.
- The tomb has a unique architectural decor with polychrome half-human, half-plant caryatids and painted murals.
Year of Inscription: 1985
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Thracian Tomb of Sveshtari! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Thracian Tomb of Sveshtari.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/thracian-tomb-of-sveshtari/https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115142/8842700524_be47605401_b-1024x712.jpghttps://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115142/8842700524_be47605401_b-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for Thracian Tomb of Sveshtari
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Sorry, we don't have curated information here yet.
Have you been to Thracian Tomb of Sveshtari? Share your travel stories
Photos and Proofs from Thracian Tomb of Sveshtari
No photos here yet. Have you been to Thracian Tomb of Sveshtari?share your photos
Travelers Who Have Visited Thracian Tomb of Sveshtari
Have you been to Thracian Tomb of Sveshtari? Share travel photos
Recommendations for Thracian Tomb of Sveshtari
Sorry, we do not have any traveller recommendations here yet.
Have you been to Thracian Tomb of Sveshtari? Share Recommendations
Trivia from Thracian Tomb of Sveshtari
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Thracian Tomb of Sveshtari?
Events at or near Thracian Tomb of Sveshtari
Know any events coming up at Thracian Tomb of Sveshtari?List an event