In a region that has been subjected to severe glaciation, these parks and reserves, with their steep gorges, covering an area of over 1 million ha, constitute one of the last expanses of temperate rainforest in the world. Remains found in limestone caves attest to the human occupation of the area for more than 20,000 years.
- There is an impressive variety of plants,from open and closed forests to buttongrass moorland and alpine communities. Some of the world’s oldest trees and tallest flowering plants and most spectacular caves are found here.
- Archaeological surveys have revealed an extremely important collection of Aboriginal sites dating to the last Ice Age. These sites show us the distinctive ways Tasmanian Aboriginal people lived, hunted, gathered and adapted to changing climates during the last ice age.
- It is home to the unique Tasmanian Devil.
Year of Inscription: 1982
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Tasmanian Wilderness! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Tasmanian Wilderness.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/tasmanian-wilderness/https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115340/4478155302_301e305e9c_b-1024x768.jpghttps://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115340/4478155302_301e305e9c_b-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for Tasmanian Wilderness
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Sorry, we don't have curated information here yet.
Have you been to Tasmanian Wilderness? Share your travel stories
Photos and Proofs from Tasmanian Wilderness View all
Travelers Who Have Visited Tasmanian Wilderness View all
Recommendations for Tasmanian Wilderness
Sorry, we do not have any traveller recommendations here yet.
Have you been to Tasmanian Wilderness? Share Recommendations
Trivia from Tasmanian Wilderness
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Tasmanian Wilderness?
Events at or near Tasmanian Wilderness
Know any events coming up at Tasmanian Wilderness?List an event