- Points 100
- Region United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Europe and North America
- More Info - UNESCO
Saltaire, West Yorkshire, is a complete and well-preserved industrial village of the second half of the 19th century. Its textile mills, public buildings and workers’ housing are built in a harmonious style of high architectural standards and the urban plan survives intact, giving a vivid impression of Victorian philanthropic paternalism.
Why should you visit?
- Saltaire is an outstanding and well preserved example of a mid 19th century industrial town, the layout of which was to exert a major influence on the development of the “garden city” movement.
- The layout and architecture of Saltaire admirably reflect mid 19th century philanthropic paternalism, as well as the important role played by the textile industry in economic and social development.
Year of Inscription: 2001
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Saltaire! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Saltaire.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/saltaire/https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115333/5471596019_af41e3a164_b-1024x819.jpghttps://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115333/5471596019_af41e3a164_b-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for Saltaire
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Photos and Proofs from Saltaire View all
Travelers Who Have Visited Saltaire View all
Recommendations for Saltaire
Sorry, we do not have any traveller recommendations here yet.
Have you been to Saltaire? Share Recommendations
Trivia from Saltaire
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Saltaire?
Events at or near Saltaire
Know any events coming up at Saltaire?List an event