The Kasbah is a unique kind of medina, or Islamic city. It stands in one of the finest coastal sites on the Mediterranean, overlooking the islands where a Carthaginian trading-post was established in the 4th century BC. There are the remains of the citadel, old mosques and Ottoman-style palaces as well as the remains of a traditional urban structure associated with a deep-rooted sense of community.
- Casbah actually is in reference to a castle or “citadel”, a stronghold of sorts and served as the main quarter of defense of Algiers during their battle from French conquerors.
- Algiers with its Kasbah is a small town built on top of an irregular hill which is divided in two cities: the High City and Low City.
- Travelers may get lost in this labyrinth-kind of place but the view from the sea will guide them to where they should be. Yet, this extraordinary place is still at risk of devastation due to the current issue of overpopulation.
Year of Inscription: 1992
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Kasbah of Algiers! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Kasbah of Algiers.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/kasbah-of-algiers/https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115130/7304645644_dd228aef3f_b-1024x446.jpghttps://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115130/7304645644_dd228aef3f_b-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for Kasbah of Algiers
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Sorry, we don't have curated information here yet.
Have you been to Kasbah of Algiers? Share your travel stories
Photos and Proofs from Kasbah of Algiers
No photos here yet. Have you been to Kasbah of Algiers?share your photos
Travelers Who Have Visited Kasbah of Algiers
Have you been to Kasbah of Algiers? Share travel photos
Recommendations for Kasbah of Algiers
Sorry, we do not have any traveller recommendations here yet.
Have you been to Kasbah of Algiers? Share Recommendations
Trivia from Kasbah of Algiers
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Kasbah of Algiers?
Events at or near Kasbah of Algiers
Know any events coming up at Kasbah of Algiers?List an event