The semicircular waterfall at the heart of this site is some 80 m high and 2,700 m in diameter and is situated on a basaltic line spanning the border between Argentina and Brazil. Made up of many cascades producing vast sprays of water, it is one of the most spectacular waterfalls in the world. The surrounding subtropical rainforest has over 2,000 species of vascular plants and is home to the typical wildlife of the region: tapirs, giant anteaters, howler monkeys, ocelots, jaguars and caymans.
- Created in 1934 this park surrounds one of Argentina’s most exquisite natural treasure – the Iguazu Falls.
- About 10,000 years ago the park area was inhabited by the Eldoradence culture who were displaced by the Guarani culture and they in turn were displaced by the Spanish and Portugese conquestors of the 16th century.
- The park only accepts Argentine pesos for entry fees.
Year of Inscription: 1984
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Iguazu National Park! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Iguazu National Park.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/iguazu-national-park/https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115130/6221166693_5fee0494d9_b-1024x768.jpghttps://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115130/6221166693_5fee0494d9_b-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for Iguazu National Park
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Photos and Proofs from Iguazu National Park View all
Travelers Who Have Visited Iguazu National Park View all
Recommendations for Iguazu National Park
- The View! - UNESCOTravelers
Trivia from Iguazu National Park
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Iguazu National Park?
Events at or near Iguazu National Park
Know any events coming up at Iguazu National Park?List an event