The Fertö/Neusiedler Lake area has been the meeting place of different cultures for eight millennia. This is graphically demonstrated by its varied landscape, the result of an evolutionary symbiosis between human activity and the physical environment. The remarkable rural architecture of the villages surrounding the lake and several 18th- and 19th-century palaces adds to the area’s considerable cultural interest.
Why should you visit Fertö-Neusiedlersee?
The Fertö-Neusiedler Lake has been the meeting place of different cultures for eight millennia, and this is graphically demonstrated by its varied landscape, the result of an evolutionary and symbiotic process of human interaction with the physical environment.
- Lake Neusiedl has this reeds growing on its banks which making a haven for migratory birds.
- Traces of human settlement around Lake Neusiedl go back to the neolithic period.
Year of Inscription: 2001
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Fertö / Neusiedlersee Cultural Landscape! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Fertö / Neusiedlersee Cultural Landscape.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/ferto-neusiedlersee-cultural-landscape/https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/16163719/neusiedlersee-1024x768.jpghttps://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/16163719/neusiedlersee-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for Fertö-Neusiedlersee Cultural Landscape
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Photos and Proofs from Fertö-Neusiedlersee Cultural Landscape View all
Travelers Who Have Visited Fertö-Neusiedlersee Cultural Landscape View all
Recommendations for Fertö-Neusiedlersee Cultural Landscape
- A boat trip on the lake - Anne-Sophie Redisch
Trivia from Fertö-Neusiedlersee Cultural Landscape
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Fertö-Neusiedlersee Cultural Landscape?
Events at or near Fertö-Neusiedlersee Cultural Landscape
Know any events coming up at Fertö-Neusiedlersee Cultural Landscape?List an event