Situated 900 m above sea-level, Djémila, or Cuicul, with its forum, temples, basilicas, triumphal arches and houses, is an interesting example of Roman town planning adapted to a mountain location.
- At an altitude of 900mts above sea level, the ruins of this former city is a remarkable example of Roman architecture and town planning beautifully adapted to the mountainous terrain.
- The name of the town in Roman times was Cuicul and was built as a military outpost on a site that back then provided all of the natural requirements. Slowly the greenery died out and the place became barren and lost its appeal.
- The impressive layout of the ruined city also includes its own Senate and Forum!
Year of Inscription: 1982
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Djémila! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Djémila.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/djemila/
Travel Info for Djémila
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Sorry, we don't have curated information here yet.
Have you been to Djémila? Share your travel stories
Photos and Proofs from Djémila
No photos here yet. Have you been to Djémila?share your photos
Travelers Who Have Visited Djémila
Have you been to Djémila? Share travel photos
Recommendations for Djémila
Sorry, we do not have any traveller recommendations here yet.
Have you been to Djémila? Share Recommendations
Trivia from Djémila
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Djémila?
Events at or near Djémila
Know any events coming up at Djémila?List an event