An exceptional example of a sustainable and productive cultural landscape that is unique and representative of a tradition that is a strong symbol for coffee growing areas worldwide – encompasses six farming landscapes, which include 18 urban centres on the foothills of the western and central ranges of the Cordillera de los Andes in the west of the country. It reflects a centennial tradition of coffee growing in small plots in the high forest and the way farmers have adapted cultivation to difficult mountain conditions. The urban areas, mainly situated on the relatively flat tops of hills above sloping coffee fields, are characterized by the architecture of the Antioquian colonization with Spanish influence. Building materials were, and remain in some areas, cob and pleated cane for the walls with clay tiles for the roofs.
- In this coffee paradise the Departments of Caldas, Quindío and Risaralda are known as the Coffee Triangle, and they produce the best coffee in the world.
- Around the Coffee Triangle one can find all kinds of buildings, theme parks, golf courses, coffee plantations, landscapes dotted with wax-palms, places for extreme sports, and ecological trails.
- The beautiful landscape is filled with the songs of the hardworking harvesters.
Year of Inscription: 2011
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Coffee Cultural Landscape of Colombia! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Coffee Cultural Landscape of Colombia.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/coffee-cultural-landscape-of-colombia/https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115153/columbia-coffee.jpghttps://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115153/columbia-coffee-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for Coffee Cultural Landscape of Colombia
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Sorry, we don't have curated information here yet.
Have you been to Coffee Cultural Landscape of Colombia? Share your travel stories
Photos and Proofs from Coffee Cultural Landscape of Colombia
No photos here yet. Have you been to Coffee Cultural Landscape of Colombia?share your photos
Travelers Who Have Visited Coffee Cultural Landscape of Colombia
Have you been to Coffee Cultural Landscape of Colombia? Share travel photos
Recommendations for Coffee Cultural Landscape of Colombia
Sorry, we do not have any traveller recommendations here yet.
Have you been to Coffee Cultural Landscape of Colombia? Share Recommendations
Trivia from Coffee Cultural Landscape of Colombia
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Coffee Cultural Landscape of Colombia?
Events at or near Coffee Cultural Landscape of Colombia
Know any events coming up at Coffee Cultural Landscape of Colombia?List an event