In the late 18th and early 19th centuries the small Thuringian town of Weimar witnessed a remarkable cultural flowering, attracting many writers and scholars, notably Goethe and Schiller. This development is reflected in the high quality of many of the buildings and of the parks in the surrounding area.
Why should you visit?
- The high artistic quality of the public and private buildings and parks in and around the town testify to the remarkable cultural flowering of the Weimar Classical Period.
- Enlightened ducal patronage attracted many of the leading writers and thinkers in Germany, such as Goethe, Schiller, and Herder to Weimar in the late 18th and early 19th centuries, making it the cultural centre of the Europe of the day.
Year of Inscription: 1998
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Classical Weimar! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Classical Weimar.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/classical-weimar/https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/13224023/FB_IMG_1437903756466-1024x576.jpghttps://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/13224023/FB_IMG_1437903756466-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for Classical Weimar
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Photos and Proofs from Classical Weimar View all
Travelers Who Have Visited Classical Weimar View all
Recommendations for Classical Weimar
- Unesco Platz! - Trailblazer
Trivia from Classical Weimar
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Classical Weimar?
Events at or near Classical Weimar
Know any events coming up at Classical Weimar?List an event