The historic city of Verona was founded in the 1st century B.C. It particularly flourished under the rule of the Scaliger family in the 13th and 14th centuries and as part of the Republic of Venice from the 15th to 18th centuries. Verona has preserved a remarkable number of monuments from antiquity, the medieval and Renaissance periods, and represents an outstanding example of a military stronghold.
Why should you visit?
- In its urban structure and its architecture, Verona is an outstanding example of a town that has developed progressively and uninterruptedly over two thousand years, incorporating artistic elements of the highest quality from each succeeding period.
- Verona represents in an exceptional way the concept of the fortified town at several seminal stages of European history.
Year of Inscription: 2000
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit City of Verona! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to City of Verona.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/city-of-verona/https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115227/8580769499_816c979692_b-1024x686.jpghttps://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115227/8580769499_816c979692_b-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for City of Verona
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Photos and Proofs from City of Verona View all
Travelers Who Have Visited City of Verona View all
Recommendations for City of Verona
Trivia from City of Verona
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to City of Verona?
Events at or near City of Verona
Know any events coming up at City of Verona?List an event