Blaenavon Industrial Landscape
- Points 100
- Region United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Europe and North America
- More Info - UNESCO
The area around Blaenavon is evidence of the pre-eminence of South Wales as the world’s major producer of iron and coal in the 19th century. All the necessary elements can still be seen – coal and ore mines, quarries, a primitive railway system, furnaces, workers’ homes, and the social infrastructure of their community.
Why should you travel to Blaenavon?
- The Blaenavon landscape constitutes an exceptional illustration in material form of the social and economic structure of 19th century industry.
- The components of the Blaenavon industrial landscape together make up an outstanding and remarkably complete example of a 19th century industrial landscape.
Year of Inscription: 2000
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Blaenavon Industrial Landscape! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Blaenavon Industrial Landscape.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/blaenavon-industrial-landscape/https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115332/4912195713_d333429394_b-907x1024.jpghttps://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115332/4912195713_d333429394_b-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for Blaenavon Industrial Landscape
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Sorry, we don't have curated information here yet.
Have you been to Blaenavon Industrial Landscape? Share your travel stories
Photos and Proofs from Blaenavon Industrial Landscape View all
Travelers Who Have Visited Blaenavon Industrial Landscape View all
Recommendations for Blaenavon Industrial Landscape
Sorry, we do not have any traveller recommendations here yet.
Have you been to Blaenavon Industrial Landscape? Share Recommendations
Trivia from Blaenavon Industrial Landscape
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Blaenavon Industrial Landscape?
Events at or near Blaenavon Industrial Landscape
Know any events coming up at Blaenavon Industrial Landscape?List an event