The Aranjuez cultural landscape is an entity of complex relationships: between nature and human activity, between sinuous watercourses and geometric landscape design, between the rural and the urban, between forest landscape and the delicately modulated architecture of its palatial buildings. Three hundred years of royal attention to the development and care of this landscape have seen it express an evolution of concepts from humanism and political centralization, to characteristics such as those found in its 18th century French-style Baroque garden, to the urban lifestyle which developed alongside the sciences of plant acclimatization and stock-breeding during the Age of Enlightenment.
Why should you travel to Aranjuez?
- Aranjuez represents the coming together of diverse cultural influences to create a cultural landscape that had a formative influence on further developments in this field.
- The complex designed cultural landscape of Aranjuez, derived from a variety of sources, mark a seminal stage in the development of landscape design.
Year of Inscription: 2001
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Aranjuez Cultural Landscape! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Aranjuez Cultural Landscape.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/aranjuez-cultural-landscape/
Travel Info for Aranjuez Cultural Landscape
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Sorry, we don't have curated information here yet.
Have you been to Aranjuez Cultural Landscape? Share your travel stories
Photos and Proofs from Aranjuez Cultural Landscape
No photos here yet. Have you been to Aranjuez Cultural Landscape?share your photos
Travelers Who Have Visited Aranjuez Cultural Landscape
Have you been to Aranjuez Cultural Landscape? Share travel photos
Recommendations for Aranjuez Cultural Landscape
Sorry, we do not have any traveller recommendations here yet.
Have you been to Aranjuez Cultural Landscape? Share Recommendations
Trivia from Aranjuez Cultural Landscape
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Aranjuez Cultural Landscape?
Events at or near Aranjuez Cultural Landscape
Know any events coming up at Aranjuez Cultural Landscape?List an event