The Srebarna Nature Reserve is a freshwater lake adjacent to the Danube and extending over 600 ha. It is the breeding ground of almost 100 species of birds, many of which are rare or endangered. Some 80 other bird species migrate and seek refuge there every winter. Among the most interesting bird species are the Dalmatian pelican, great egret, night heron, purple heron, glossy ibis and white spoonbill.
- Srebarna is Bulgaria’s largest river lake.
- Local legend has it that the name ‘Srebarna’ comes from the silvery reflections on the lake’s surface during full moon.
- The best time to visit the reserve is spring, with, on average, 220-230 visiting avian species, including many rarities.
Year of Inscription: 1983
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Srebarna Nature Reserve! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Srebarna Nature Reserve.http://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/srebarna-nature-reserve/http://gounesco.com.s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115142/5553762549_8900513b5b_b.jpghttp://gounesco.com.s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115142/5553762549_8900513b5b_b-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for Srebarna Nature Reserve
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Sorry, we don't have curated information here yet.
Have you been to Srebarna Nature Reserve? Share your travel stories
Photos and Proofs from Srebarna Nature Reserve
No photos here yet. Have you been to Srebarna Nature Reserve?share your photos
Travelers Who Have Visited Srebarna Nature Reserve
Have you been to Srebarna Nature Reserve? Share travel photos
Recommendations for Srebarna Nature Reserve
Sorry, we do not have any traveller recommendations here yet.
Have you been to Srebarna Nature Reserve? Share Recommendations
Trivia from Srebarna Nature Reserve
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Srebarna Nature Reserve?
Events at or near Srebarna Nature Reserve
Know any events coming up at Srebarna Nature Reserve?List an event