Fortress of Suomenlinna
Fortress of Suomenlinna, is located at Helsinki, Finland. It has served three kingdoms: Sweden, Russia and Finland. It is built on six islands: Kustaanmiekka, Susisaari, Iso-Mustasaari, Pikku-Mustasaari, Länsi-Mustasaari and Långören.
Built in the second half of the 18th century by Sweden during wars with Russia was named as Sveaborg rendered phonetically to Viapori in Finnish. In May 1808, the Viapori fortress surrendered to the Russians. In May 1918, the fortress was renamed Suomenlinna to reflect Finland’s independence over Russianhttp://www.gounesco.com/fortress-suomenlinna/http://gounesco.com.s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/06151808/Fortress-of-Suomenlinna-anne-sophie.jpghttp://gounesco.com.s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/06151808/Fortress-of-Suomenlinna-anne-sophie-150x150.jpgStudent ProgramWHS researchWorld Heritage SitesEurope,Finland,Fortress,helsinki,Suomenlinna,whsresearch,world heritage,World Heritage Site,zoha rashid