Application – GoUNESCO Content Writers
About the Internship:
- As part of this internship, you will write in-depth, well researched articles about heritage and other topics such as people, travel, conservation, culture and arts.
- You should be able to write based on a theme and these themes will be communicated by the editor. You can also propose article ideas related to applicable theme.
- Articles may sometimes require you to conduct interviews to provide depth to article. Once published, you will identify social media groups, pages and handles who will find the article relevant and post/tag them.
- Interns are expected to contribute articles on a regular basis and stick to timelines communicated by our Editor; certificate/letter of participation will be given at the completion of the internship.
- This internship is location independent – you can participate from anywhere in the world. Your responsibilities as part of this internship do not require travel. Most of the work will involve online research and interns will be required from home.
Why You Should Join:
- As a content intern, your work will raise awareness among thousands of people interested in heritage and culture – and will reach not just enthusiasts but some of the world’s foremost bloggers, photographers and people in top heritage organizations.
- An intern who contributes more than 5 articles will be listed as a contributor in a special section of gounesco.com.
- Past content interns have gone on to secure positions at Condé Nast Traveller and other travel magazines.
Who Can Apply:
We invite anyone with a passion for heritage conservation, travelling and writing to apply for this internship.
How To Apply:
- Send us a sample of your written work at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “GoUNESCO Content Writer Application”.
- Your article should be formal, yet friendly and be between 600 to 800 words. Your sample article must be related to heritage and/or travel and must be well-researched.
- See samples here and here.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30th June 2016
INTERNSHIP DURATION: 4 months (ending 30th October 2016)